We are a best match rescue. Our goal is to match the individual pet to where we feel they would be most successful. It is not necessarily first-come, first-served for approved applications.
After selecting a cat or kitten you are interested, or if you intend to adopt a cat chosen by our match makers, an application is filled out. The Urban Cat Coalition adoption team will perform background checks, veterinarian reference checks and landlord checks. Once the application review process is complete, you will be contacted by one of our match makers and then you will be put in touch with the foster home to arrange a meet and greet (virtual or in-person) with the kitty you want to adopt.
Once you have met the kitty, you and the foster home will decide if it is a good fit. After this step, we have a 24 hour hold to allow you time to be sure adopting is the right decision. The foster family will stay in touch, and they will arrange the final adoption, provide a contract to sign and they will give you the physical copies of the cats medical records. Once they return the contract to our admin, we will email you digital copies of all medical records and register the microchip to you.
Please note applicants must be at least 21 years of age to be eligible for adopting a cat from Urban Cat Coalition.
• Kittens (Under 7 months) $165 or $305 for two kittens.
• Adults (7 months and over) $85
Services included in the adoption fees:
- FVRCP Shots (appropriate for age of kitten/cat)
- Rabies Booster if over 5 months old (Good for 1 year from date given)
- Preventative Dewormer
- Checked for fleas and ticks
- Microchip with lifetime membership
- Feline Leukemia and Feline Immunodeficiency Virus tests (Prior to 2/1/2020) See Update to 2020 UCC Testing Protocol here